Abraham Benjamin “AB” de Villiers is a South African cricketer, who captains the South African One Day International (ODI) team. On 18 January 2015, de Villiers scored the fastest century by a batsman in One Day International cricket, off 31 balls and eventually scoring 149 runs off 44 balls. He is a talented sportsman and now know something strange about him.
Strange But True Facts About AB de Villiers–
1. AB de Villiers once had a flair for hockey, and made it to the U-16 side of the school. He was shortlisted for South Africa’s junior national hockey team.
2. He was shortlisted for South Africa’s junior national football squad. All around sportsman, AB de Villiers, here as a quite accomplished football player.
3. AB de Villiers is a gifted sportsman having a natural talent of anything that was a sport. He was the Caption of South Africa Jr national Rugby team.
4. Other than that, he held six South African school swimming records in school.
5. He also held the fastest 100m dash in South Africa junior athletics.
6. AB de Villiers was the member of South Africa’s junior Davis Cup tennis team. He was ranked in the top two in his age division for tennis in South Africa.
7. He was also the South Africa’s U-19 national badminton champion.
8. He also played golf and got a scratch handicap in it, which means he is a player whose average score for a round of golf is par or better.
9. And now you will be thinking ke fir toh sala padhai mai zero hoga and here it comes– He received a prestigious national medal from the Late Nelson Mandela for a science project.
10. AB de Villiers has also recorded a bilingual pop music record too…
And we keep complaining ” Mai Akela Kya Kya Karu? “. He is truly a real all rounder, South Africa’s very own Rajnikanth- AB de Villiers.