Getting their son / daughter married is one of the top worries of any Indian parent. As soon as the boy gets a job or girl completes her graduation, the most common sentence, that can be heard on daily basis in Indian houses is – “Chal, ab shaadi kar le …”.
As modern generation tends to prefer career over marriage, convincing them for marriage is a tedious task. However Indian parents do not throw the weapons so easily. They use all kind of tactics from emotional blackmail to Bossgiri to achieve their goal.
Have a look at following ridiculous logics, Indian parents often used to say –
1. Log Kya kahenge …
2. You won’t be able to bear children, once you cross the age.
3. You are irresponsible and useless. Getting married will make you more responsible.
4. It is your grandfather’s last wish to attend your marriage, if not grandchildren.
5. Padosi jaane kaisi kaisi baaten karte hain beta … !
7. The guy is from a rich family. He will keep you happy.
And some more interesting arguments …
8. Your younger brother / sister cannot get married until you do.
9. Forget MBA ShemBA. Get married and devote yourself to your husband.
10. We’re getting old. Don’t you think you need somebody to take care of us.
11. Look at your younger cousin. He is already married and so happy.
12. She is a fair, good looking, BA pass girl. What more do you want ?
13. What is the use of all this education, career & business, when you don’t even have your own family ?
14. Remember, you won’t find a guy after you cross the age.
15. When you see your friends with wives and children, then you will regret.
16. ISSE PAHLE KI LADKI MUNH KAALA KAR DE, ISKI SHAADI KARVA DO !
17. KAM SE KAM APNE PITAJI KI IJJAT KA TO KHAYAAL KAR !
18. After everything we’ve done for you, you can’t fulfil this one wish of ours ?