” A picture is worth a thousand words “. It’s a known fact that images are more powerful than words. Just one look at these images will make you realize how much one single image can convey a thousand meanings and even a thousand more words. These pictures will leave you speechless.
15 Most Touching Pictures Ever Taken
1. Man holds a woman amidst the debris of Rana Plaza – an 8-storied building in Dhaka, Bangladesh, which collapsed and claimed thousands of lives. If you ever would find yourself moments away from an impending disaster, what would you do? Would you panic? Run away? Hug your loved ones? Save your loved ones? Or, will you be selfish and just go on to save yourself?
2. Taken by Raghu Rai, this is a picture after the Bhopal Gas Tragedy.
3. ‘Child Crawling’ by Kevin Carter.
4. The Monk who set himself on fire due to the rising tensions between the Catholics and Buddhist Monks. The Monk remained absolutely still, while burning himself down.
5. After 3 years of war in Biafra, the photographer was shocked to find almost 900 children, close to the point of death.
6. A cancer patient draws her wish on a mirror.
7. Nick Vujicic, who was born without arms and legs due to tetra-amelia syndrome, leads a richer and fuller life than most.
8. A North Korean man waves his hand as a South Korean relative weeps. On Oct. 31, 2010, 436 South Koreans were allowed to spend three days in North Korea to meet their 97 North Korean relatives, whom they had been separated from since the 1950–53 war.
9. Taken in a famine camp in Uganda, this picture clearly shows the economic disparity in the world.
10. Apartheid in South Africa, the racial discrimination was appalling to the point that the wash basins were separated for the races.
Bonus– This is for all cricket lovers…. Pain full moments in Gentle Men’s Game
1. Dhoni after losing Semi-Final against Australia in World Cup. This made me emotional. Please Mahi don’t cry, its okay you played well. We always love you.
2. Don’t know why but South Africa’s Losing was more painful than India’s.
Sometimes the moments that make you cry are also the moments that matter the most.